Excerpt from the Contractual Conditions of Carriage of Integrated transport system of the Olomouc Region (SPP IDSOK) for Zone 71
issued in accordance with Act no. 111/1994 Coll., on road transport, as amended, and Act no. 266/1994 Coll., on railways, as amended, and Bill of the Ministry of Transport and Communications no. 175/2000 Coll., on carriage code for public rail and road passenger transport (hereinafter the "Carriage Code")
SPP IDSOK apply to regular public transport lines (suburban, long distance), lines of public transport included in IDSOK, and set up conditions for carriage of passengers, luggage, live animals, conclusion of a contract of carriage, rights and duties of passengers and carriers.
Conclusion and fulfilment of the contract of carriage of persons
A contract of carriage is concluded when a passenger uses his right to transport, resulting from a travel document, by boarding the vehicle, entering compulsory ticket area or the carrier allows the passenger to embark the vehicle without a ticket and the passenger pays the fare immediately after entering the vehicle at the boarding stop. Passengers undertake, by conclusion of the contract of carriage, to comply with the conditions of the Carriage Code, SPP IDSOK and Fares of IDSOK. Proof of fulfilment of the contract for the passenger is, for the whole time of their journey, including the time when leaving the vehicle, a valid travel document, which must be shown to an authorized person on request. The authorized person is a driver, conductor or carrier staff, who identify themselves by an inspection badge, or other persons authorized by the carrier to give instructions and orders to passengers. The carrier dully fulfils the contract of carriage by realization of transport in the agreed extent specified in the contract of carriage, or even when a passenger was excluded from carriage by an authorized person during the journey.
Travel documents and their use
A ticket is invalid when:
- passenger fails to comply with the conditions of the ticket usage specified in the Carriage Code, Fares of IDSOK or SPP IDSOK,
- the required information is incomplete or illegible,
- the filled-in information is scratched out, overwritten or deleted,
- it is not the original,
- it is used without a valid carrier stamp or without the required photo,
- it is damaged in a way that the necessary data cannot be checked,
- its data are not representative or were improperly altered,
- it is used by an unauthorized person,
- the ticket number is not filled in, unless already printed by the carrier,
- its time or zone validity has passed,
- a single ticket does not show its validity, boarding zone, other zones or their quantity, or the ticket has only been validated after the inspection carried out by an authorized person started,
- the time or zone validity are indicated repeatedly, differently.
An authorized person can revoke any invalid ticket, except for ticket, which is only missing the required information. The authorized person must confirm the revoking of invalid tickets in writing to the passenger in the record of the ticket inspection. The accuracy of the record of the inspection shall be confirmed by the passenger’s signature. Passenger will receive a copy of the record.
Conditions of boarding the vehicles
Boarding the vehicle, if not fully occupied (to be determined by an authorized person), is permitted by all doors, as well as getting out of the vehicles (except night lines of DPMO) in all lines of regular public transport (except long-distance lines).
Baby carriages, luggage and live animals
Buggy with a child can be transported if occupancy of the vehicle allows. Only one buggy can be transported in a vehicle; an authorized person may authorize transport of other buggies if operational conditions on the particular line permit. The driver of the vehicle can refuse carriage of buggies in peak hours. Boarding with a buggy is permitted only with the consent of an authorized person by the door marked with a symbol of a buggy. Passengers with baby carriage can leave the vehicle only with the consent of an authorized person and by the designated door. Passengers should notify an authorized person before getting off the vehicle with a buggy by two brief “signals to the driver" or verbally.
Passengers may bring with them up to 3 pieces of luggage, of the total weight of 50 kg. Luggage must be stored in the vehicle in a way that does not endanger safety or comfort of other passengers. When storing your luggage, it is necessary to follow instructions of an authorized person. Luggage and items that are not allowed on board or in the transport zone, as well as detailed conditions of carriage of buggies and live animals, are specified in the full version of SPP IDSOK. Carriage of bicycles is allowed on special cycle buses only.
Relationships between the carrier and the passenger
The authorized person is entitled to:
- give passengers instructions and orders to ensure their safety, the safety of other passengers, and safe and fluent traffic,
- not to admit or exclude from the carriage passengers‘ luggage or animal carried along with them, if they could hinder safe and comfortable transportation of passengers, endanger their health or if their transportation is against the conditions of carriage, occupancy of the vehicle in particular,
- impose a fine to passengers if, despite warning, they do not comply with the Carriage Code, SPP IDSOK, Fares of IDSOK, instructions and orders of an authorized person, soil the vehicle or if their behaviour disturbs other passengers,
- exclude from transport a passenger who fails to show a valid travel document on request of an authorised person, and does not pay the fare and surcharge, a passenger under the influence of alcohol or other substances, and a passenger who, due to foul clothes or shoes or other reasons, may be a nuisance to other passengers.
Passengers must, in particular:
- follow the Carriage Code, SPP IDSOK and Fares of IDSOK,
- behave in a way which will notendanger their safety, safety of others, and safe and fluent traffic when entering the vehicle, staying in it and when exiting the vehicle, and to consider the specific nature of rail and road transport,
- follow the instructions and orders of an authorized person, which aim to ensure passengers’ safety and traffic flow,
- pay a penalty fare for violating the Carriage Code or instructions and orders of an authorized person, for befouling the vehicle, disturbing carriage of passengers or other molesting, when requested by an authorized person,
- get into a vehicle with a valid ticket, or purchase a ticket in a vehicle, or validate a pre-purchased ticket immediately after boarding. The time required for an immediate validation of the ticket does not include the time when a passenger takes his seat, looks for the ticket, handle his luggage or perform other activities unrelated to the ticket validation,
- speed up the sale of tickets at the driver by entering by the front door and by having accurate sum of money prepared in advance,
- show a valid ticket or pay the fare plus penalty fare, or show a personal identification document and give personal data needed to enforce the payment of penalty fare upon a request of an authorised person. Personal data includes: name, surname, date and place of birth and delivery address,
- when failing the above mentioned duty, follow an authorized person to an appropriate public administration place to get identified or remain at an appropriate location until a person authorized to check the passenger's identity arrives,
- leave a seat to a passenger with seat reservation and leave seats reserved for people with limited mobility,
- board or exit the vehicle only at the station where the vehicle is not in motion. Boarding passengers shall allow the exit first. If the doors in a vehicle are marked for board and exit, passengers must use the doors in accordance with the signs,
- when a vehicle stops between the stops, or at a stop which is not scheduled, for operational reasons, passengers may alight or board only with the consent of an authorized person,
- check the accuracy of information on the purchased or validated ticket; any faults should be immediately claimed to an authorized person,
- leave the vehicle at the last stop unless it is a transit stop,
- if they wish to board or exit the vehicle at the request stop, passengers must give the signal in time to allow the driver to safely react. When boarding, they need to be clearly seen by the driver in time, when getting off, they should use a signalling device in a vehicle or other conventional means.
Passengers must not:
- talk to the driver while vehicle is in motion,
- open the door while vehicle is in motion, damage the vehicle,
- throw objects from the vehicle or let them stick out of the vehicle, leaning out of the vehicle,
- get into a vehicle when an authorized person has declared it occupied,
- impede boarding and exit areas or passage in the vehicle,
- smoke or use electronic cigarettes in the vehicle or in the areas for passengers, where smoking is not allowed,
- be loud or use loud audio-visual equipment or bother other passengers by any other inappropriate behaviour,
- befoul other passengers or vehicle, as well as facilities and equipment for passengers, by wearing dirty clothes or by behaviour,
- board and travel in roller skates,
- board and move in the vehicle with a backpack or other luggage on their backs,
- stand, kneel or lie on the seat, or put luggage and live animals on the seats,
- be getting on or off the vehicle, when the driver or train crew give sound or visual signal,
- remain for no reason in the area reserved for the driver, in boarding and check-in areas, and in areas where they could obstruct the driver's view,
- get on a vehicle with an ice cream, food and beverages, which could stain clothes of other passengers or the vehicle, eat and drink such food and beverages on board,
- enter areas intended only for carriers, except publicly accessible areas for passengers, such as platforms, bus stops and access roads and areas in buildings, in which services related to passengers’transport are provided,
- misuse emergency brake or signalling device in the vehicle,
- unlock or lock tram and bus doors.
Inspection of compliance with the fares and conditions of carriage belongs to an authorized person. The authorized person is entitled, in the interest of fluent and safe traffic, to decide how to control fare discipline, e. g. by indicating board or exit doors of the vehicle. In order to increase the safety of passengers and authorized persons, audio record of communications of an authorized person of DPMO is taken when dealing with violations of fares and SPP IDSOK.
Duties of passengers during the inspection:
- a passenger is required to present a valid travel document on request of an authorized person. Unless he can do so, he must pay the fare and a penalty fare, or give personal data necessary to enforce payment of the fare and a penalty fare,
- upon a request of an authorized person, a passenger must follow them to an appropriate public administration place to get identified or remain at an appropriate location until a person authorized to check the passenger's identity arrives, if the passenger fails to meet the above mentioned duty.
A penalty fare of CZK 1 500 applies on the lines of DPMO for each passenger travelling without a valid ticket.
This is reduced:
- to CZK 700 if paid in cash on the spot or within 15 calendar days,
- to CZK 30 if the passenger declares that he has a valid non-transferable season ticket with a 7-day or longer validity for Zone 71 and proves this fact within 3 working days in the ticket offices of the carrier,
- A penalty fare of CZK 700 applies to violations of Carriage Code, SPP IDSOK and Fares of IDSOK,
- A penalty fare of CZK 100 applies to passengers without a valid ticket for their luggage or dog.
The full version of SPP IDSOK is available at the ticket offices of carriers, carriers’ headquarters and on the website www.dpmo.cz.
These Conditions of Carriage become effective on 1st July, 2013.